Off to Spain!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Off to Spain!

Jaeden Werth, Editor

Brodie Gladman, Niko Neel, Jack Warner, and Kyler Woods are off to Spain after graduation. These four, along with Niko’s parents will leave May 17th and get back on May 30th. They will be hiking for ten days and will have to average about fifteen miles a day. According to Niko and the others, the whole idea and plan have come together because of Niko’s mom, Robin. Niko said, “I went last year and it was a really amazing experience, so I figured it’d be even better to take a friend along and I had talked to Kyler about it and he sounded interested. Then my mom said I should take a lot of people, so I started talking to more and found this group that was interested and could go”.

Once the group was decided the guys started preparing for their trip. Brodie was the one probably had the most preparing to do because he needed to get a passport and the other three already had theirs. They all had to get a backpack, hiking boots, a light sleeping bag and two pairs of pants. Also, in preparation, they have been trying to get out and walk as much as they possibly can, walking about seven miles at a time.

When I asked what they were going to do for sleeping Niko responded with, “There are hostels along the route, which are basically big empty buildings that have bunk beds in them. Plus it cost like the equivalent of about $5 to stay in one. It’s like staying in a room with a hundred of your closest friends”. All of the guys sound really excited to take on this trip and share the experience with each other before going their separate ways at the end of summer. Niko ended the interview by stating,  “It is going to be an amazing experience” and jokingly added, “I just hope we are all still friends after this”.

About the Writer
Jaeden Werth, Contributor

Jaeden Werth is in her senior year at Cimarron High School. This is her first year in the journalism class. She is very involved in school. She is the...