What Men Want

Back to Article
Back to Article

What Men Want

Jaeden Werth, Editor

In What Men Want, Ali Davis (Taraji P. Henson) has been working her way up the ladder as a sports agent. Her profession puts her in a position where she is surrounded by mainly men, even her assistant, Brandon Wallace (Josh Brener), is a man. Being the determined, hardworking person that she is, she expects to be made partner in the company. When this doesn’t happen, Ali finds herself realizing and being told by others that she doesn’t understand men.

Then she unexpectedly gains a way to understand men, even better than other men. With this new edge, she works towards gaining the next up and coming NBA basketball player, Jamal Barry (Shane Paul McGhie) as a client. However, his father (Tracy Morgan) proves to make winning over this possible client, rather difficult. Although with her newly gained skill Ali believes she can win them over.

Not only is Ali using her new way to understand men in her profession, but also in her personal life. Everything seems to be lining up well for Ali with Jamal saying he wants her to be his agent, she has a great man in her life and is happy with her friends and an upcoming wedding. Then things start to fall apart as she realizes she has used her ability to understand men, not always for the better. She ends up ruining the wedding, losing the guy in her life, loses her client, and to top it all off, loses her newfound ability.

Now, she is faced with how to try and put everything back together, including fixing her friendships, apologizing for her wrongdoings, and attempting to save her career. She learns that it isn’t always best to know exactly what is going through a man’s mind, but sometimes it is better to ask what they want.

About the Writer
Jaeden Werth, Contributor

Jaeden Werth is in her senior year at Cimarron High School. This is her first year in the journalism class. She is very involved in school. She is the...