Oscar Macias

Back to Article
Back to Article

Oscar Macias

Daniela Beltran, Contributor

After 32 times of trying to interview Oscar, I finally was able to catch him in a good mood. Oscar Macias is a Senior at Cimarron High School.  He has been involved in football for 4 years, basketball 4 years, track 4 years, forensics 3 years, and vocal for half a semester. If he had to describe himself in three words he would say he is a great athlete, stubborn, and caring. Something not a lot of people know about him is that he is good at acting and singing. In his free time, Oscar enjoys playing video games and hanging how with his best friend Dylan Newton. Oscar would describe his senior year as sad, overwhelming and long. After being asked why he chose those three words, he responded with, “Everyone is looking up to you and adults expect so much out of you”. His funniest/favorite memory of high school would’ve been the time that he and his friends followed his sister and her friend Daniela around for an hour because she thought someone was following her. It turns out it that it was just him. After high school, Oscar is indecisive on what college he wants to attend. He has broken it down to 2 different colleges, Bethel and McPherson, which have both offered him a scholarship for football. There he would like to pursue a career in mechanics. Oscar’s biggest role models are Mr. and Mrs. Lacy. He is very thankful for everything they have taught him. In 10 years he sees himself having a good job living in a smaller town but with no family because he is going to wait until he is 40 to have kids.