Brinn Peters

Jaeden Werth, Manager

This is Brinn Peters and she is a senior at Cimarron High School. Some of her most memorable moments from high school are going to football games, then going down to sonic, even though they are always crowded and slow. She’s also enjoyed the random, spontaneous times she’s hung out with her friends. She also enjoyed the Halloween dance last year. Some of her greatest accomplishments include; going to the Hays Art Show sophomore year and passing her classes last year, she had to overcome several obstacles to get her grades back up. After graduation, she plans to move to Kansas City with her sister, get an apartment, get a job, and either take some online classes this summer and fall or visit some community colleges around the Kansas City area. In 5 years, she’s hoping to have completed the standard and journalism classes needed to get a job being a writer of some sort. She’d really like to write for a music or entertainment magazine of some sort. She’s always been very passionate about music but she doesn’t want to be a musician. Being a journalist in the music industry would allow her to combine her two passions of music and writing into one job. Throughout high school, her favorite teacher was Mrs. Brock. When I asked her why, she responded with “She doesn’t care who you are if you’re popular, or what your background is. She will just take you in and help you open up to people and talk more. Also, she makes her classes enjoyable, even our English class is full of laughs”. Her favorite class is drama class, there are only five students in there. Brinn said that going to that class is the highlight of her day and she regrets not doing it before her senior year. The final question I asked Brinn was, “If there was one school rule you could change, what would it be and why?”, she responded with, “All the Blue Jay Way stuff”. According to Brinn, she doesn’t know anyone who is really benefitting from it but has noticed that certain people’s egos have grown from it. She also stated, “It has always been a thing in our school, there just wasn’t a name to it and we didn’t talk about it, it was just an unspoken thing that we already had. It is like they are bringing attention to something that didn’t need attention. Now people just seem extremely negative. Certain teachers have a superiority complex, which I understand they are superior, but it is to the point that I don’t feel comfortable trying to talk to them”. She also added, “It is already stressful enough to be a teenager but adding teachers that aren’t compromisable doesn’t help. I know kids that are stressed and completely out of it right now and I feel for them because that was me last year”.

About the Writer
Jaeden Werth, Contributor

Jaeden Werth is in her senior year at Cimarron High School. This is her first year in the journalism class. She is very involved in school. She is the...