FIASCO IN THE MICROWAVE

Back to Article
Back to Article

FIASCO IN THE MICROWAVE

Katharine Moffitt, Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






When you go on a college visit, your tour guide might jokingly say, “Don’t forget to add the water to your ramen noodles or your mac and cheese.” Then you laugh and think that you would never do that. Sadly, this happened the other day at Cimarron High School on Monday, October 8, 2018.

This happened when senior Wyatt Woods put his mac and cheese in the microwave with no water. A couple of minutes later a student asked Mrs. Schmidt if that was supposed to be happening. Following this statement, everyone turned around and saw yellow smoke rising from the microwave. Mrs. Schmidt quickly went over and stopped the microwave and the classroom filled with smoke.

Mrs. Schmidt had the class move to the hallway because of the terrible smell. Approximately twenty minutes later, the class was allowed to go back and continue class. After the remains of the mac and cheese cooled down, Mrs. Schmidt had Wyatt put a bowl of vinegar in the microwave to help with the smell.

To teach kids a lesson, Mrs. Schmidt had Jack Warner and Brodie Gladman make a plaque with the remains of the mac and cheese. Let this be a lesson to all: ALWAYS remember the water!