Mrs. Hodde

Hi everyone, I am Cecilia Hodde, I have been married for 35 years to my best friend Jim Hodde.  I have two grown children, William who is 34 and Whitney 32. I have a huge tortoiseshell cat named Rolly, who runs my life at home. I went to school in Dodge City and graduated in 1983. I then was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom for 12 years but I didn’t just work at home.  I have coached boys baseball ages 12-16 years in Dodge City. I also coached girls fast-pitch softball in the late 80’s and early 90’s as well. At the young age of 30 years old, I tried my hand at working outside my home, but family still remained my priority, still is, it’s just a bit bigger because I believe my students are mine too. It is my philosophy that kids no matter how old they get always need a structured, safe place at home, and they need to know someone will be there for them at all times. When I was 35 years old I went back to college, I still had no clue what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I was determined to find out.

In 2012 after a few years in college, coaching, and working at Youthville of Dodge City, I became a teacher. I have a Masters in Education, with an ESL certification from Newman University. I am certified in elementary education, and middle school ELA, Social Studies, and Science. I love teaching, it gives me an opportunity to shape the future, be more than just a mom, and be part of something so much bigger than just me. When I am done teaching I want to know that how I taught, what I taught and who I taught have been blessed, changed and opened up to all the possibilities life has to give. Teaching for me is not just a career, it’s a calling. I am passionate about the processes of teaching, I firmly believe that every student can learn and it is my job to open doors, guide and encourage my students to try, the WIN is in the TRY. I tell my students everyday to try, no one ever moved forward without trying.

I look forward to many wonderful years at Cimarron High School.

Sincerely,

Cecilia M. Hodde